Dear Friends, here are some ways to remember our Veterans.
- Read something a Veteran wrote about their experience.
- Write in your journal how thankful you are for the service of Veterans.
- Take a private moment to be proud of your country.
- Observe a moment of silence with family and friends.
- Take a moment to reflect on what it means to live in America.
- Hang an American flag in your yard.
- Use Social Media to #THANKAVET!
- Write and send a letter to someone who’s currently serving in the military.
- Thank a Veteran co-worker for their service.
- Donate time or money or supplies to local Veterans Day drives.
- Volunteer to help a Veteran’s service organization.
- Shake a Veteran’s hand.
- Teach a child what it means to be a Veteran.
- Send an email to the people on your contact list that tells a Veteran’s story.
- Attend a Veterans Day event.
- Go to a Veterans Day parade.
- Make and share a “Thank a Vet” video.(Link here.)
- Ask a Veteran about their time in the military, and really listen to the answer.
- Visit a home-bound Veteran in their home.
- Visit a homeless Veteran under a bridge.
- Take a Veteran out to dinner.
- Take dinner in to a Veteran.
- Buy a homeless Veteran a cup of coffee.
- Mark on your calendar a day each month to do one of the above listed—even though Veteran’s Day will have passed.
|Please share a Veteran-story with us in the comments.|